Monday, April 13, 2015

Spring…..is that you!?

Warmer weather and plentiful sunshine have arrived in Boston. It appears Spring is finally here, feeling like a warm hug from a favorite aunt. And not a moment too soon, for today is the Red Sox home opener. Thank you Mother Nature for smiling on our baseball team. Trees are showing signs of budding. Flowers are popping out of the ground before our very eyes. Allergy sufferers are reaching for medications and tissues. Spring is really here!


These plants have grown up overnight

Already today, I’ve been more productive than in the past month. Yesterday my husband and I did more yard work than we have in many moons. I was in shorts and a t-shirt for the first time in nearly 6 months (sorry neighbors for the glare from my pale skin). It is amazing what good weather does for the attitude and the soul. When it is gray, rainy, and cold, I want to curl up and hibernate. When it is warm and sunny, strap me to a go-cart because I’m off to the races!


Hello beautiful crocus!

I think the effect is the same on animals. My cats were out and about, wandering around the whole yard this morning. On rainy, yucky days, all they do is sleep. Well, all they really do is sleep on any given day, but on sunny days they have a 10% increase in activity. This is quite a jump for an animal that spends so much time practicing “energy conservation”. 


Neo strolling in the warm sunshine

The birds, the children, and the barbecues are coming out of hibernation. There is an undeniable effect Spring has on us all. But will it stay? Only Mother Nature can answer that. At this point, I’m just happy it isn’t snowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment