Wednesday, October 30, 2013

We Are The Champions! Red Sox Get It Done In Six

I just finished watching Game 6 of the World Series between the St. Louis Cardinals and the Boston Red Sox. The Red Sox took a pretty early and commanding lead in the third and fourth innings. As a fan of the Sox, I was still nervous. I knew they could do it, but there were still five innings to go and St. Louis is no pushover. 

As the game went on, my confidence grew, and my excitement grew. The pitching by Lackey was superb and the defensive plays by everyone were stellar. The relief and closing pitching was nothing short of brilliant. The thing I really loved was the fact that Stephen Drew hit a home run! Bless his heart…he had a tough time offensively during the playoffs and the World Series, but in the last game he had a wonderfully memorable at bat.

Right now I am on cloud nine. As a member of the Red Sox Nation, I am so darn proud of the Sox. They are an awesome bunch of guys and phenomenal players. Worst to First - it ain't easy to do, but Boston did it with grace and style.

I wish I could be in Boston right now, so I could give the whole team a big hug. Congrats 2013 Red Sox! 

Is it Spring yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment