Friday, June 29, 2012

Baby Bunnies - All Is Well

After posting the blog yesterday about my adventures doing yard work, I wanted to write a quick follow up. I went outside yesterday evening to grab some fresh herbs from our deck garden and happen to look over the railing. What did I see? Four tiny bunnies and momma bunny. I was so excited! I was moved to tears to see the little darlings happy and unharmed. I rushed back inside and grabbed the camera. When I came back out, the babies had dispersed and mom was eating grass near the deck. I grabbed a few quick shots as the little ones hopped around. Now that I know when they are active, I will try to get some better shots in the coming days. I think I also found their den, but I don't dare go sticking my hand into unknown holes in the yard; you never know what is hiding in them! But from the amount of brown fur around the entrance to the hole, odds are good that I found their hiding spot. Their secret is safe with me; the only dangers they are likely to face in my yard are from two house cats that aren't terribly good hunters and don't go outside very often. 


After this past week, I am glad to see Friday, and I am hoping for a quiet weekend. Who knows...maybe I'll even take some "National Geographic" quality photographs of wild bunnies.

Baby Bunny No 1

Baby Bunny No 2

Babies No 3 & 4 (or maybe 1 or 2? I can't tell)

Momma Bunny



No comments:

Post a Comment